NOTE: PROJECT IS STILL WORK-IN-PROGRESS, DOWNLOAD UNAVAILABLE
Indoctra is a first-person psychological-mystery game that combines the exploration mechanics and event-driven storytelling of Gone Home with the creepy atmospheres and psychological elements of F.E.A.R. and the narrative style of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. As the headmaster of a small boarding school in the rural rainforests of Washington State, you find your school completely deserted after returning from a 3-week-long business trip to Seattle. Search for clues and avoid the psychological elements of the unknown as you struggle to keep your sanity and uncover the terrible, unnatural events that took place while you were away.
What I Did (Technical Design)
- Scripted all game and level systems with Blueprint visual scripting, including but not limited to:
- Front-end menu system with settings for editing HUD, graphics, audio, and gameplay options
- Journal system, Evidence Document system, faux-dynamic weather system, and building electrical system
What I Did (Level Design)
- Designed entire level around exploration- and narrative-driven mechanics
- Took level through entire level design process, including pre-planning, greyblocking, arting, lighting, and beyond
What I Did (Game Design & Miscellaneous)
- Worked closely with artists to produce original art assets in the style of the 1990s
- Spearheaded implementation of all sound design aspects
- Collaborated with freelance composer to produce an original musical score
- Torture Your Mind. Aggravate your mind and soul in an world that makes your skin crawl as it subtly shifts behind your back and strands you in your worst nightmare — all without your discretion.
- Shroud Yourself In Unsettling Darkness. Fight against the terrors of mankind as you immerse yourself in a dark, uncanny atmosphere set during the early 1990s in the Pacific Northwest — inspired by The X-Files and Twin Peaks.
- Release Your Inner Detective. Unlock the mysteries and conspiracies surrounding Forks Preparatory Academy by collecting various clues and pieces of evidence that were left by the unfortunate souls who once resided there.