" Help Donkey Kong and his friends save their home and banana hoard from marauding Vikings in the Donkey Kong Country™: Tropical Freeze game from Retro Studios. All the challenging ground-pounding, barrel-blasting, side-scrolling mine cart action from the Donkey Kong Country series is back along with a bushel of new game play elements and features. " — Nintendo.com
I was a contracted Product Tester for the game from an early stage of its development in June 2013 to the end of its development in November 2013.
What I Did
- Tested major aspects of the game in accordance with test plans and other documentation via black box testing techniques including ad-hoc, exploratory, regression, and requirements-based testing
- Wrote, filed, and tracked bug reports using bug database software
- Was put in charge of identifying art issues, particularly mesh UV seams
- Coordinated test strategies with team of 30+ testers in accordance with test leads
- Evaluated product for content guidelines (Lotcheck)
- Identified and corrected localization issues
- Tested StreetPass and SpotPass functionality (for 3DS titles) and Miiverse functionality (for Wii U titles)
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.